Another our favorite treats for parties are Paris Swirls! They aways make my guests smile and dream of swirling under the Eiffel tower!
(You could print it and create a special recipe book)
Ingredients for 6 swirls
- 3 rounded tablespoons plain flour
- 3 level tablespoons cornflour
- 113 grams/4 oz butter or margarine
- 2 rounded tablespoons sifted icing sugar
- Few drops of almond essence
For the topping :
- Extra sifted icing sugar
- Raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180° C/356 F.
- Sift together the flour and the cornflour and set aside.
- Cream the butter or margarine very thoroughly until soft.
- Add the icing sugar and flavouring and cream in thoroughly.
- Gradually work in the flour and cornflour until smooth and blended.
- Spoon the mixture into a large piping bag, which has been fitted with rosette piping tube (large size to fit the bag).
- Pipe the mixture into paper baking cases arranged in bun tins or on a baking tray. Pipe twice round the outer edge so there is a hollow in the centre.
- Place the cakes in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until risen but still very pale in colour.
- Cool the cakes thoroughly before dusting each with sifted icing sugar.
- Finish with a little raspberry jam in the centre of each cake. I do hope you enjoy them.
To receive all our content, we invite you to become part of the Charlotte and Burlington family. Click here to learn more and join us.