BAKING MELTING MOMENTS
'Whenever it is a special occasion, Cook always makes these delicious little cookies and she has kindly given me the recipe to share with you! Sometimes she lets me help her but I do get in a sticky mess...'
Burlington is delighted to share his melting moments recipe!
(You could print it and create a special recipe book)
Ingredients for a dozen biscuits
- 150 grams/5.3 oz self raising flour
- 110 grams/3.9 oz butter or hard margarine (like stork)
- 75 grams/ 2.6 oz caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk half teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 150° C/302 F
- Carefully measure out all the ingredients into a mixing bowl or food processor.
- Mix together to make a stiff paste using a food processor or you could use your hands. (This really makes my paws stick together!)
- Roll into small balls the size of a walnut and place on the baking tray leaving plenty of space between the cookies.
- Slightly flatten the top of each ball.
- Get a grown up to help you put the trays in the hot oven and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- If you want to make these even more special you could put a little piece of glace cherry on each one before baking. I do hope you enjoy them!
To receive all our content, we invite you to become part of the Charlotte and Burlington family. Click here to learn more and join us.
Leave a comment